Hello, and Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here!
Have you ever looked around at other moms and thought, “Oh my gosh, there is no way I can do this!”?
I sure have.
In fact, I remember years ago reading a book that was supposed to teach me how to take care of my growing brood, but instead of helping or encouraging me, I felt defeated, overwhelmed, inadequate, and like the weight of the world rested on my shoulders.
I just did not know how I could possibly do it all.
It has taken me years to find the balance and be able to confidently make choices in my life and home that honored both our family structure AND my emotional limits, and now I am thrilled to share some of the things I have learned along the way.
It is my joy and delight to welcome you into my life and home. Make sure you bring you coffee mug…
And, I’m still far from perfect, because perfect is a mirage; we can keep striving to get there but when we think we’ve arrived we only find more desert.
I struggle every day to raise seven children in the wisdom of the Word, love my husband through the thick and thin of life, provide nourishing meals to a growing bunch, keep a tidy home, and take care of my own needs all while maintaining a close walk with my Abba.
It is not easy, but the most beautiful thing is that it truly can be quite simple, when I let it.
I stumble and fall quite often, and often bite off more than I can chew. But, I continue to hand over the reigns to my ever-loving Abba and seek His constant guidance, so I hope that other real wives and mamas, who want to be whole in Him, can join me on this journey through life.
It is my greatest desire that through my blog we can come together as a community of women, learn from each other, laugh, pray, and cry together, and spur each other onward in this most important work at home.
At Be Whole, Mom you will read about:
- the faithwalk
- the realities of momlife
- pregnancy & postpartum support
- marriage encouragement
- healthy living tips and solutions
My perfectly imperfect family continues to teach me new lessons every. single. day. and I continue to experience that new mom feel every time a new stage of development comes and a new first occurs. So, be encouraged. You are NOT alone.
In Him, may we all be whole. Shalom.
A few more tid-bits about me…
- I am a fraternal twin, and we are pretty much complete opposites.
- My husband and I met while both active duty in the Navy and stationed in Hawaii. We became engaged on a Russian destroyer, got married on Ford Island at the USS Utah Memorial, and had zero family members present at our wedding (not our finest moment…but you live, you learn).
- According to the Myers-Briggs personality test, I am an INTJ (though I have tested as INFJ in the past), so I’m a big-picture thinker and strong-willed person who has grown much in the arenas of emotional health and interdependence with others. I often simply refer to myself as an INT/FJ because, well, it’s far more accurate. I am an introvert, but I am not shy at all…I just get re-energized by solitude rather than interaction. I prefer philosophical discussions over the mundane aspects of life ANY DAY.
- I would have to categorize my faith as a follower of the Way, the Truth, and the Light. We are closest to Messianic believers, as we embrace the Jewish heritage of Christianity and look to the culture and traditions to better understand how Christianity is best understood. I place the infallibility of scripture above all else, study the Torah and God’s Laws as the plumb line of righteous works, and seek to understand and apply them as Christ did, while continually being incredibly thankful for the atonement He gave for me. The Lord continues to teach me about His amazing LOVE every. single. day. It starts with Him, extends to self-love, and then to loving others through the beauty of grace. I shall never tire of this single topic.
- Nearly every day you will find me on Instagram for family life reality, a little scriptural encouragement, or my daily #coffeewiththeking posts. If you are looking for a reminder to get in the Word, this is a great community to do so.
- Currently, we live stationary in a 30′ Travel trailer with our 7 kids. It is loud, crazy, and often makes me head hurt and spin, but I value all of the amazing lessons we continue to learn along the way. In light of so many people in our home, blogging is a difficult practice for me, BUT I value the outlet and the community it offers, so I press on for myself and those it may help.
- I am continually astounded and amazed by womanhood. Birth, especially, never ceases to bring me to tears and awe-filled praise. What an amazing privilege it is to experience this right of passage, in all its messy glory. If you, too, are a birth junkie like me, check out my YouTube videos here of a few of my births that we captured.
- I crave and have always been drawn to simplicity, even though it seems oxymoronic with 7 kids. I have not yet mastered simple living, but continue to learn and understand the blessings of the simple life one step at a time.
- I have several books in mind that I work on intermittently regarding God’s Love, self-love, and walking in His purpose for each person. Pray for me, because it will surely take an act of God for any of them to be published.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
What else would you like to know about me? I surely would love to get to know you!
I hope to hear from you in comments on the blog, comments on Facebook, interactions on Instagram, or staying caught up with posts through Bloglovin’. But, no matter what I surely hope that this blog is a blessing to your life at home.
Shalom, and God bless!
All content provided on BeWholeMom.com is for informational purposes only. The owner of BeWholeMom.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. Actions taken from the hyperlinks on this blog may yield commissions for BeWholeMom.com through affiliate links.