I have a confession to make……
I have not really been doing Trim Healthy Mama for a while.
Ok, I will say it a little louder…I’m woman enough to admit my faults. I have fallen off the bandwagon and have not been following much, if any, of Trim Healthy Mama guidelines and principles for a while now. I mean, life has been crazy and my brain can only handle so much.
I was hoping to use Weight Watchers to move forward, but I’m apparently terrible at keeping the journal for that, and then I had cravings for deep S desserts and such, but right after an E meal. Let’s just say, I have been all over the place.
But, I’m back. I’m jumping back on the bandwagon and trying this whole gig again! All you readers are totally encouraging me to return to the flock and join the group! I had a woman write and tell me how my post helped her to zero in on what she needed to do and in one week she lost 6 lbs! Seriously! That’s amazing!
So, I’m here…I’m back. I’m sorry for my lapse in food posts, and I want to promise that I will be able to come up with amazing THM-friendly (or GF or grain-free) goodies weekly, but honestly, I am thinking that my goal is once a month…but it will be a total bonus if I can do more, and that will be my goal! Hang with me, fellow THM-ers. I need your support too =0)
3-Minutes Pumpkin Pie Cake in a Bowl (THM S)
So, I was inspired this morning to come up with a yummy cake in a bowl breakfast. The other day while at Costco I found a STEAL for coconut flour! 5 lbs of Nutiva Coconut flour for $6.99! That was too GREAT to pass up, but now I have a pile of coconut flour to mess with and figure out how to bake into delicious morsels of delight. This morning’s attempts were pleasantly appropriate for the nip in the air and the pumpkin pie spices on the tongue. Yum!
Ingredients (See my pantry staples list here):
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ + a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice (or homemade version)
- sprinkle cinnamon
- ¼ of a ¼ tsp baking soda (tiny amount)
- 2 tbsp puree of choice (pumpkin, squash, carrots…..I used baby food, because that’s what I had on hand…worked well!)
- splash of vanilla extract
- sprinkle of stevia extract
- Mix all ingredients together until thoroughly mixed
- Microwave for 1 ½ minutes.
- Top with cream cheese frosting (1 tbsp cream cheese, 1 tbsp coconut oil, light sprinkle of stevia, light splash of vanilla…mix together as thoroughly as you can).