Welcome back for another week’s Foodsy Tuesday post! I apologize for the long interim between posts on the topic of food, but I KNOW that you will be blown away by this week’s meal of choice! This was SUCH a hit for our entire family that I cannot stop singing its praises! And, if all the exclamation points aren’t a clue about how completely sold I am on it, I don’t know what will! =0)
I am even just finishing a follow-up round of leftovers for this meal, and I am satisfied beyond belief. May your Mexican-flavor lovin’ tastebuds be as delighted as mine!
Foodsy Tuesday: Slow Cooker Mexican Black Bean Chicken Soup (“E”)
- 3 or 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (add 1 or 2 more for a larger crowd)
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained (optional)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes w/ chiles (like Rotel)
- 1 (24 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (either homemade or store bought, but try to go for MSG-free version when possible)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 oz) package ⅓ Less Fat Cream Cheese
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients into slow cooker and mix through (some opt to keep the cream cheese out until the end, but I didn’t and the results were fine…you decide).
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and easily pulled apart.
- Pull chicken breasts apart, either in the soup or in a separate dish and then re-add.
- Stir soup thoroughly to break apart the cream cheese (either added in initial step, or now) and mix all the chicken throughout.
Enjoy with tortilla chips, or brown rice, for kids (this is acceptable for the THM adult too, but in moderation).
What About You?
Are you a Mexican food lover like me? What is your favorite Mexican dish? Share below =0)
About 10 Servings. Calories 242.7, Total Fat 6.5 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1.7 g, Cholesterol 33.5 mg, Sodium 1,229.8 mg, Potassium 436.0 mg, Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g, Dietary Fiber 7.2 g, Sugars 5.6 g, Protein 14.3 g