(Catching Up) Day 17 Family Life: Trim Healthy Tuesday Recipe – Pumpkin Pie Cake (S)
Last week I had the great idea to try to make some yummy S pumpkin pancakes. Sadly, though, they TOTALLY did not work out for me and I was close to throwing my skillet! Instead of throwing away the entire batch of delicious ingredients, which tasted so yummy but would NOT work as a pancake, I decided to try baking the whole thing in a cake pan…VOILA! Delicious and oh so yummy. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
Pumpkin Pie Cake (w/ Frosting) – S Style
Ingredients for Cake
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond flour, blanched
- 1/8 tsp stevia extract
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1/2 tsp real salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
Directions For Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine milk, pumpkin, eggs, oil, vinegar, and vanilla in medium bowl and mix until well combined. In another bowl, combine almond flour, sweeteners, salt, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and xanthan gum and combine thoroughly.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan and pour contents of bowl. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until baked through. Cake will be moist and soft, but should not be liquid-like.
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1/2 package softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- a few shakes stevia extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream (I only had light on hand, which made for a yummy, but runny, frosting)
Directions for Frosting
- Combine the first 3 ingredients with a mixer, then slowly whip in the cream until it gets really fluffy and forms peaks (if using the heavy cream). Spread over baked and cooled cake. Enjoy!!!